Here is the 5th of six interviews that I am doing about each artist that is participating in the 2nd Annual Drawing for Life Marathon coming up on April 4th. Enjoy the interview and please click on the flyer for more details about this wonderful event or visit “Logans Heroes” to pledge to our team of artists. You can submit your donation here
! Thanks for your support! On to the interview with Edmund Dansart( EB5k,Edbot5000)-
1. Ok Edmund, The Relay for Life is just around the corner. Time to sharpen our pencils, grab some paper, an eraser, and get down to it. What made you decide to be a part of the Drawing for Life Marathon?
Last year, Logan told me about the Drawing For Life Marathon he was organizing. I was very moved by what he was putting together. The artists were set at the time but I mentioned that if he needed help down the road to give me a call…and he did! I think most of us has been affected by cancer in one way or another. We have lost family, friends, and role models to this disease. This is my small way towards helping fund research for the ACS.
2.So you will be drawing your butt off for 12 straight hours. What are you gonna do to stay awake and moving forward?
I have no idea….Energy drinks and coffee give me the jitters. I honestly have no game plan…I know I am going to sleep really early on Friday that’s for sure.
3. Your shows you hosted out at Comics and Classics and Ed & Bo’s Awesome art shows were really good art show to attend and a great time had by many. Anything up your sleeve as far as putting another show together?
They were fun to do and were a great learning experience…There is always ideas in my head for shows, but I am focusing more on my personal work and a few music projects. That being said, if the opportunity arises and is mutually beneficial for the artists and the venue I will jump on it….There are a couple things in the works, but nothing set in stone…
3.1 – I know we talked a bit about comics and how your getting more and more involved in creating you own comic book or comic strip. Could you explain a bit on whats going on with you and the comics world?
Well, I will be doing a story and some pin-ups for Rob Jones and David King’s ChalkLine Studios Unleashed. This will be my first comic book work so I am pretty exited…
4. We all love to draw, paint, sculpt, but, a lot of us have our horrid “day jobs” too. What do you all do during the day or do you have a dream job or a “dream like” job?
Its not terribly horrid…I peddle guitars and music gear part-time and I play in a couple cover bands. My dream job would probably involve character design or a comic related job…maybe owning a small art gallery…not really certain.
5. Relay for Life is an excellent event and I’m grateful to be a part of it as I’m sure you are as well. Are there any other charitable organizations that you all have worked with in the past?
I am very grateful Logan has given me the opportunity to help out with the DFL…I have donated paintings to various charities and auctions, but this is the most hands-on I have ever been with an event.
6. How did you get started with your art work? Did you attend art school or are you still attending now?
No… I went to very conservative, fundamental Baptist school. No art classes but I have done drawings and sketches since I was a kid. College introduced me to art history, graphic design, and painting…been hooked since. I would love to attend SCAD or the Art Center College of Design in California one of these days.
7. Over the next 5 years..where do you see yourself?
Well, I try to focus on the present as best I can. Looking toward the future and living in the past can distract from whats going on now. I try to set several short term goals and see where things take me.
8. What do you hope to accomplish in participating in The Drawing for Life Marathon?
I hope to make it to the end! That and a handful of good drawings and paintings for the Relay For Life… I would also like for us to hit our goal…That would be awesome!
9. Where can everyone see more of your work?
The usual internet haunts…I have my sketch blog, myspace, and a deviantart page. I also have work in the Art Center on Adams st. Downtown…
10. Thanks for doing this Ed. Last question. Who’s your favorite super hero?No prob. Favorite superhero? Damn…Shazam, Batman, Iron Man or Daredevil… its hard to pick one….I have always been a fan of a good villain or villains too… Like Dr. Doom or Galactus… Sinister Six, Legion of Doom, Bizarro….I could go on forever…